Have you been trying to lose weight as a vegetarian but you're not getting encouraging results? Now, if you're aiming to lose 10 pounds in 7 days, that's not pragmatic and not safe for your health. Here I offer effective solutions to help you lose 1 - 5 pounds a week the vegetarian style. In fact, I always suggest to those overweight vegetarians to keep to a max of 4 pounds a week so you won't suffer loose skin post weight loss. But if you're only overweight by about 20 pounds, then I think losing 5 pounds in a week is pretty safe for you.
Before we start, I want you to know the fact that your scale is not the best way to tell you the real shape and size of your body even after you manage to lose 5 pounds in a week, as you could have gained some muscle mass after applying the following techniques, which isn't a bad thing actually since muscle helps burn more fat. So, the best way is observe your body in the mirror every seven days for any significant changes in conjunction with the scale.
How to Eat for Healthy Vegetarian Weight Loss
1. Break your 3 normal main meals into 5 smaller portion sizes - morning, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. This will keep your body metabolically active throughout the day. Remember, never skip any meals, especially breakfast as it's the most important meal to kick-start your metabolism.
2. No fried or processed vegetarian food. If you're eating out and only have processed food choices, then try to buy processed food that contains low sodium, low sugar and low saturated fat. Read the label carefully.
3. Go with whole natural food instead which carry lots of fiber, complex-carb and various other super phytonutrients (nutrients from plants) that your body needs for maximum fat loss. A natural vegetarian weight loss diet will definitely work much more effective in losing 5 pounds a week and maintaining good health than a heavily processed vegetarian diet for weight loss.
4. Keep your body hydrated at all times as maintaining sufficient water in body can stimulate your metabolism. Check your urine color - yellow means you need to drink more water, clear or pale yellow means you got enough water. Once enough, stop drinking to avoid getting water poisoning. Not necessary to stick to 8 glasses or 2 liters per day. Listen to your body.
Other Keys to Help You Lose Weight 5 Pounds in a Week the Vegetarian Way
1. Do interval training instead of cardio because interval training can burn more fat and lose more weight.
2. Work out in the morning as studies have shown that morning exercises give a better result in fat loss.
3. Use total bodyweight workouts for effective fat loss on belly, thighs and buttocks. Don't use crunches or sit-ups. Waste of time.
4. Get quality sleep. Turn in before 11 P.M. and sleep the number of hours you feel work best for you. Need not stick to 8 hours as you might not need that long to feel great.
Even though your goal is just to lose 5 pounds in a week, you should be strict with what you do so as not to inadvertently undo all your hard work for vegetarian weight loss.