Weight Loss Tips & Secrets

Weight Loss Tips & Secrets

1wwl

The Truth Behind Some of the Most Popular Weight Loss Myths

cupcakesUnlike in the past centuries when the ideal body of women is something voluptuous, modern day women dream of having a slim body. To achieve this, some follows a strict regimen that involves healthy diet, regular exercise, and healthy lifestyle. Others resort to dietary pills and natural supplements.

With so many weight loss tips, techniques, and strategies out there, it is hard to distinguish the real ones from myths. In order for a weight loss program to be effective, individuals must learn to do this the right way. It would also help if they learn the truth behind the some of the myths that are associated with losing weight.

These include:

Being Overweight or Obese is in the Genes

Some individuals believe that their obesity is caused the genes that run in the family. However, there is just a small chance that obesity can be considered as a genetic condition. What is more likely is that they may inherit that poor eating habits and lifestyle that their families have.

Eating Less

When dieting, individuals tend to cut back on some foods. They often prevent themselves from eating other foods with the fear that they will make them fat. However, the key to have an ideal weight and body is eating the right portion. On average, 60% of the foods that individuals should consume on a daily basis should be composed by vegetables. The remaining 40% will be divided between proteins and carbohydrates.

Not Eating Sweets Before Noon

Most individuals assume that they should not eat sweet foods such as ice cream, chocolates, and sweet desserts before noon. Studies reveal that individuals who eat a 600-calorie and protein-rich foods for breakfast lost more weight than those who eat low-carb foods. However, it is important that individual only consume enough amount of sweet foods.

Eliminate all Fats in the Diet

This weight loss strategy is something that individuals should avoid doing. Fats such as monounsaturated, unsaturated, and polyunsaturated fasts are important in every diet. Individuals must understand that these types of fats play a vital role in various bodily functions. However, they should limit their intake of trans-fats and saturated fats.

In order for a weight loss to be effective, individuals should be aware of the things that can help them achieve such goal. Knowing the common myths about weight loss can also help them correct their diet plans into something the will provide positive results.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

Site Disclaimer: This site is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services.
If you feel that you have a health problem, you should seek the advice of your Physician or health care Practitioner.

Frontier Theme