Unfortunately hearing that you have type 2 diabetes! It was very depressing to hear but I want to be around for my husband and 3 sweet children.
How I lost weight!
I logged my food, ate six small meals a day and had no refined sugar. I promote lifestyle change versus diet. Diet has finality to it – If you have a diet with an ending, what do you naturally do when it’s over? Go out and splurge.
But, if your brain does what I call a paradigm shift, you actually change the way you think about food and your relationship to it. You will change your habits for the rest of your life.
I worked out five days a week, cardio mixed with weight training was my exercise routine.
I competed in the Mrs. Idaho Pageant at age 43 after losing a total of 100 pounds, and I made the 2nd runner up and best interview. I am now a motivational speaker to help motivate other to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle.
I am also a diabetes advocate and educate others on type 2 diabetes in hopes they will never have to go through what I went through. I run a web site to continue to help other by giving tips and inspiring them to make and keep goals and give in site on ways that can help them.
I love my life! I feel I was born to help others in their own journey to better health and weight loss!.
Tips and Tricks
* Eat six small meals a day vs. 3 big ones!.
* Be consistent with eating healthy!.
* Never starve yourself. You won’t lose eight that way!.
* If you can, get a personal trainer, even if you can afford only once a week. The knowledge you will gain is priceless!.
* Gather support as you are losing the weight from friends and family to help be there for you through your journey!.
* Journal your food intake!
* Be patient with yourself. It did not take you a few weeks to put on the weight and it’s going to take much longer than a few weeks to take off the weight!.
* Keep in mind how happy you will be at the end of your journey!.