According to the National Institute of Health, 66% of adults in the US are either overweight or obese. Obesity can lead to serious diseases. Many people do not know how to lose weight in a healthy way. Many people know that they need to lose weight and they want to lose weight, but they want easy diet plans that work. This one does.
— Graham Rahal (@GrahamRahal) December 9, 2013
Understanding the 1200-calorie Healthy Weight Loss Diet Plan
This healthy weight loss plan is for women who want to lose weight and keep it off. Rather than a “diet” that a woman would follow for a while, then stop and return to her old ways, this is a complete lifestyle change. It is a woman’s current lifestyle and emotional state that causes her to become overweight in the first place. “Going on a diet” for a week or two will not cause the weight to stay off. Slow and steady work is what brings lasting results, self-esteem and plenty of compliments.
No woman should go on a “low calorie diet” of less than 1200 calories per day. The human body requires enough “premium” fuel each day in order to function properly. If the body does not receive the correct balance of nutrients every day, it begins to rust and rot. It “runs out of gas.” If we feed our bodies the right “fuel,” and “go to the gas station” before we are “on empty,” our bodies will last a long time with few “repair costs.”
The 1200-calorie Healthy Weight Loss Diet Plan Outline
This 1200-calorie healthy meal plan provides a weekly diet for a woman who eats animal products. The key to success is to keep portions small and eat five times a day at three-hour intervals. The 1200 calories must be “clean,” with organic, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and hormone-free, organic and grass-fed or range-free animal products. Also, a woman must drink copious amounts of water or herb tea and exercise twice a day, five or six days a week. A woman can expect to lose one pound of unwanted body toxins and fat every week until she reaches her body’s goal weight.
It is best to start the day with a cardio workout on an empty stomach. Drink water before, during and after working out. Start by doing whatever you can do. The Walking Site.com has a plan that starts with “walk out the door.” Coolrunning.com has a “Couch25K” program for beginner runners. Wait about 30 minutes before eating breakfast.
- Breakfast (250-300 calories): Either measure and cook a half cup steel cut oatmeal plus a tablespoon each raisins and walnuts with Sucanat, OR three-fourths cup Kashi Go Lean with a cup of 1% milk
- Midmorning snack (three hours later, 150 calories): One fruit-flavored Greek yogurt (Chobani contains 14 grams protein per serving)
- Lunch (three hours later, 250-300 calories): Dinner leftovers, or three ounces water-packed tuna or wild caught Alaskan salmon mixed in a large green salad with fresh lemon juice, or a Lean Cuisine entree under 300 calories
- Afternoon snack (three hours later, 150 calories): Low fat string cheese with raw vegetables such as celery and carrot sticks, or raw, unsalted almonds with a cup of grapes, or a green smoothie, or a spinach salad with a chopped hard boiled egg
- Dinner (roughly three hours later, 300 calories): A large salad with three ounces water-packed tuna, or pork tenderloin served with mango salsa, or chicken curry, or chicken tacos, or flank steaks with Thai seasoning and a tomato, cucumber and mint side salad, or a shake made with chocolate protein powder, a banana, nut butter, lowfat milk and ice.
More free online diet plans can be found at Oxygenmag.com, Bestlife.com and Bodybuilding.com.
Nationallibraryofmedicine.nationalinstituteofhealth.gov, “Weight Control: Medline Plus”
Dietitian.com, “Overweight and Weight Loss”
Thewalkingsite.com, “Beginning a Fitness Walking Program”
Oxygenmag.com, “Fat Loss”
Bodybuilding.com, “Fat Loss Guides Articles”
Bestlife.com, “Bob’s Plan”